Since L’Arc~en~Ciel started their music careers back in 1991 in Osaka, Japan, they’ve rocked on to stardom with numerous anime opening themes. Their discography includes hits such as the opening theme to DNA², “Blurry Eyes,” but they’re better known for songs like “Ready Steady Go,” which served as the opening theme to the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime series.
The band is made up of hyde on vocals, the guitarist ken, tetsuya, who plays the bass, and yukihiro on drums. In addition to performing the above-mentioned opening themes, they’ve also performed live at many overseas venues. Their first performance in North America was at the anime convention, Otakon, in 2004. They also did a New York show at Madison Square Garden on March 25th, 2012.
With this anime history in tow and their impact on worldwide audiences, it’s fitting that L’Arc~en~Ciel reach out to as many of its fans as possible. So on March 22, 2014, L’Arc~en~Ciel will be broadcasting its concert around the world, where fans can watch the event at select locations in movie theaters of certain cities. Below, you can find a list of cities that will be hosting the event:
1. Los Angeles, CA – Century City 15 – 3:00 (PST)
2. Orange, CA – Orange 30 – 3:00 (PST)
3. San Diego, CA – Mission Valley 20 – 3:00 (PST)
4. San Francisco, CA – Bay Street 16 – 3:00 (PST)
5. Seattle, WA – Pacific Place 11 – 3:00 (PST)
6. Chicago, IL – River East 21 – 5:00 (CST)
7. Houston, TX – Willowbrook 24 – 5:00 (CST)
8. Baltimore, MD – Columbia Mall 14 – 6:00 (EST)
9. Boston, MA – Burlington 10 – 6:00 (EST)
10. New York, NY – Empire 25 – 6:00 (EST)
Tickets are being sold for $20 and if you live within easy reach of these theaters, you can go ahead and buy them on Fandango. As a note, everyone who attends will receive original post cards. If you’re one of the first 50 people to attend, you will get limited edition glow sticks. You can find more information about the concert by going to the main L’Arc~en~Ciel concert broadcast website.